Salvage launches — tomorrow night!
A gentle reminder — well, more of a whoop, really — that Salvage is about to be launch. A bottle of red cracked across the bow and sent out into the stormy waters of the marketplace for your — I hope — reading pleasure.
Tomorrow night’s launch at Continuum 8 in Melbourne is part of the Twelfth Planet Hour: a party to celebrate not just Salvage but the latest titles in the rather awesome Twelve Planets range of collections by Australian women writers: Kaaron Warren’s Through Splintered Walls and Margo Lanagan’s Cracklescape. You can schmooze with some of the other TPP authors, too. If that wasn’t enough there’s cupcakes, a juggler and a surprise announcement from the press … oo-err! The party kicks off at 7pm; entry to the convention is by gold coin donation today.
Can’t make it to the party, nor the convention but still want some seaside love-on-the-rocks with added vampire? Order Salvage at www.twelfthplanetpress.com, and/or enter the Goodreads giveaway for a chance to win a copy.
At Continuum, I’ll be:
- Launching fellow TPP author Narrelle M Harris’s sequel to The Opposite of Life, Walking Shadows, published by Clan Destine Press, at 6 o’clock tomorrow night
- Discussing Backyard Speculation — Australian settings in fantastic fiction — on Saturday 10-11am
- Reading, probably from Salvage, on Saturday 2-3pm alongside Cheryse Durrant, Alison Goodman and Margo Lanagan
- Discussing e-books: what are they worth? on Sunday 11am-noon
- Chatting with guest of honour Alison Goodman on Sunday noon-1pm
- Discussing Vampires: From Horror to Heart-throb on Monday 10-11am
- Discussing the Awards Debacle on Monday from 2-3pm.
It’s gonna be a grand weekend!