My journalistic career has involved numerous publications as a freelancer and contributor, and the editor of WQ magazine. A selection of these works is listed below.
- Gary Numan, Fiend magazine
- Vampires in the Sunburnt Country: Australian Explorations of the Vampire Gothic Landscape, Studies in Australian Weird Fiction #2, Equilibrium, 2008
- Keri Arthur, Fiend magazine
- How to run your own writing retreat, Writing Queensland April 2006 (reproduced here)
- Numerous articles for The Courier-Mail newspaper including:
- A night as an extra on the film Queen of the Damned in 2000
- This 2004 article on the state of Australian horror publishing, which won the William Atheling award for criticism or review
- This 2007 feature on the new space opera
- This 2007 feature on the rise of paranormal romance
- This 2009 article on Brisbane’s Goth scene
The Life of Konrad Nahrung
In 2011, I finished annotating and indexing the memoir of my great-great-grandfather, Konrad Nahrung. He emigrated from Germany to Queensland in the 1850s and travelled widely throughout the state, working as a bullocky, a shepherd, bootmaker, gold miner (briefly) and publican before finally settling down to farm at Miva. The memoir is available in paperback at cost or as a free download from Lulu.com.